By Trenaya Reid, Workforce Development Manager
The Amputee Coalition’s Workforce Development Program is excited to announce the launch of the Youth Engagement Program (YEP) Workforce Development Program. It is designed to assist 15- to 17-year-olds living with limb loss and limb difference with career and professional development training to start their journey into the workforce. The YEP Workforce Development Program includes assistance with career exploration, resume writing, setting up a professional profile, mock interviewing, and searching and applying for internships and summer job opportunities.
Participants interested in joining YEP’s Workforce Development Program first need to register with YEP. After that, you will be required to complete the following.
- Schedule a virtual 15-minute appointment with the workforce development manager or a YEP representative to discuss employment goals
- Attend three required training sessions within the following topic areas: Career Exploration 101, How To Build a Strong Resume, Mock Interviewing 101, How To Search and Apply for Job Positions, Best Dress and How To Present Yourself During an Interview, and How To Send Thank You Notes via Email After an Interview
- Create and upload a professional resume to your profile
- Set up a career profile on the YEP Workforce Dashboard
- Upload a professional photo
- Complete and return the Workforce Development Completed Training Sessions form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule a meeting with the workforce development manager and to find the Training and Resume Completion Online Form/YEP Workforce Development Program Checklist, visit the YEP Workforce Development webpage.
After completing the Training and Resume Completion Online Form, you will have the opportunity to search and apply for internships and summer job opportunities on the Career Dashboard. You can apply for opportunities from employers/organizations that have partnered with the Amputee Coalition’s Workforce Development Program and are looking to hire qualified students.
For Limb Loss and Limb Difference Awareness Month, we will be hosting a webinar titled: Introduction to the YEP Workforce Development Program on Tuesday, April 25, at 3pm EST. To register, please click here.
For more information on YEP’s Workforce Development Program, contact me at email@example.com.