Our 2023 National Conference boasted a variety of informative sessions covering topics relevant to the limb loss and limb difference community. If you were unable to attend, learn more about the key takeaways from this session entitled, You Are Enough! Coming to Terms with Change.
Speaker: Regina Story, Health & Wellness Coach and Managing Director, Ailm Medical
Summary: This session was designed to guide people through their transformative journey when faced with the psychological and emotional effects of major change, particularly those connected to limb loss and limb difference. Individuals learned to understand how their thoughts impact their overall well-being, how to influence their behavior to change their outcomes for growth, and explore ways to enhance mental health through building resilience. Participants were empowered with thought-provoking ideas that encourage wellbeing during periods of considerable change.
- After Regina’s brother passed from suicide, she gradually began to experience grief and depression. She acknowledged her feelings, knowing she did not want to stay there and knowing she needed to help others.
- There are three paths to your outcome:
- The Village – You do what your told and do not rock the boat
- The Wasteland – Where you escape from your village; the path that takes you away from your calling
- The Journey – Your true calling, where you transform and grow
- Determine your foundation; this is necessary to know why you want to change
- Learn to be optimistic; Release thoughts that are no longer serving you
Look for our digital content package coming soon and save the date for next year! The 2024 National Conference is coming to the Hyatt Regency Atlanta, August 7-10 in Atlanta, Georgia. We would love to see you there! For more helpful tips, visit our Educational Webinars archive or search ‘Ailm Medical’ on the Thrive blog.